Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Heaven and Eggs", Eastwood City Libis

Rating: 11000
"Heaven and Eggs" is the newest restaurant to open in Eastwood City, Libis. I've been hearing a lot about this place so I figured i'd give it a try, grab a quick meal and see what the fuss was all about.

I like the stark, white, clean-looking "happy" interiors with its plain white tables and "heaven" theme. The place makes you feel like you're eating at home but what an expensive meal it is! Expect to pay Php300 - 500 per meal.

For starters, the shrimp and orange salad was basically just lettuce, five shrimps and five strips of orange with a cream based topping. It was... so so. My main course was the Mango Adobo Tuna. I'd describe it as bold and different but nothing to die for.

I had their freshly squeezed orange juice which tasted anemic. It was more water with a touch of orange. (I'd enjoy Tang better).

Dessert was the white chocolate cheesecake (which rates a 2 on my pawikan cheesecake scale). The first bite had a plastic-y aftertaste but you'd get used to it. This is a cheesecake that you shouldn't t eat alone. Share it with someone because the taste is nakakaumay.

Major minus points for the unsafe high chair that they let the diners use. It has a short backrest which allowed a little four year old girl slip and hit head first on the floor! We all heard the thud when she hit her head but I'm glad she came out ok. She was crying a lot but she seemed ok.

This place gets a two for me. No gran cosa. Nothing great to experience here. Maybe next time I should try the breakfast.

Check out the other reviews of Inquirer and Manila Bulletin.

No comments: