Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Emperor's New Clothes

Rating: 11100

I caught Repertory Philippines' Sunday matinee of The Emperor's New Clothes this afternoon at Onstage Theater in Greenbelt 1.

The story is the same except that it's a musical and all the actors are dressed up as animals. The emperor is a pig married to an elephant and their offspring is a rooster. Go figure. I guess these things aren't meant to be logical anyway.

I guess the only thing I can say about this is that it's a show for kids-- the costumes were bright and colorful, the dialogue plain and understandable and I specially liked the way they used the whole theater (parading around the aisles...) and not just the stage.

I'm giving this a generous 3 out of 5 pawikans just because:

  • I liked the performance of the two monkeys/couturiers "Stitch" and "Sew" and
  • The emperor without clothes was kinda cute

No comments: