Friday, October 27, 2006

Tony Starr's Kitten Club, Melbourne

Rating:4/5 11110
I didn't really know that the inconspicuous green door along Little Collins St. (which is just a short walk from Swanston St.) was Tony Starr's Kitten Club.

No, no it's not a strip club. It just sounds like one. It's a nice cozy two-storey bar and I daresay one of my favorites in Melbourne because of the everybody-welcome ambience and zero cover charge.

I headed over to the second floor called the Galaxy, plopped on one of the couches near the stage and enjoyed the funky, happy-people jazz music. Thank God that it wasn't one of those indescribable artsy pieces and I could tap my feet and dance to it. During the night I was there, the band called this young German guy who just happened to bring his sax and they started an impromptu jam session.

Four pawikan points for an unpretentious good time, friendly waters, reasonably priced drinks and a rocking, jazzy good time.

No comments: