Saturday, October 28, 2006

Zaleti at QV, Melbourne

Rating: 11110
My last brunch in Melbourne was at Zaleti located in QV (corner of Swantston and Lonsdale).

It felt to me like an American diner because of the booths, the hand-written menu on the blackboard and no-frills decor. Most of the people were quietly enjoying their coffee while reading the day's paper.

I would have sat outside and dined al fresco under the sun but it was too chilly for me so I tucked inside, ordered the risotto with chorizo and capsicum (AUD $14.50) and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice ($5.50).

The risotto was beautiful and was as good as the pumpkin risotto I had at Matthew Flinders. The spicy chorizo went well with the sweet capsicums and I ate it slowly relishing every bite while I helped myself to the complimentary newspaper.

Four pawikan points for an affordable brunch that hit the spot.

No comments: